Nutrition Health Information
As part of our multi-disciplinary healthcare team, the dietitian sees patients by referral from the Grimsby Medical Associates’ physicians and provides a full range of nutrition counselling to promote good health and help manage chronic conditions.
Our Registered Dietitian can help you with managing existing health issues and optimizing health for:
• Cholesterol / Diabetes / High Blood Pressure
• Gastrointestinal Conditions (Reflux, IBS, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Celiac Disease, Food intolerances)
• Ensuring adequate intake of vitamins and minerals / Maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle
• Eating well as a Vegetarian / Sports nutrition
• Learning how to read food labels / Choosing healthier options on a limited income or eating on the run
• Prenatal, infant and childhood nutrition
The dietician will assess your current diet, your risk factors and your lifestyle, in order to better understand your needs. She can then make recommendations and collaborate with you to design an eating plan that suits your needs. An emphasis is placed on healthy eating habits and lifestyle changes as the cornerstones to reducing risks and preventing/controlling disease.
Follow up appointments can be scheduled to monitor your progress, answer questions, provide support, and to make changes as required.
The dietitian will make your physician aware of her recommendations at the time of your visit.