Welcome to Grimsby Medical Associates
Grimsby Medical Associates is a medical clinic located in the Town of Grimsby, Ontario. Our team approach links your family doctor with other health care team providers to give you the best possible care. The focus is on keeping you and your family healthy, not just treating you when you are sick.
Your care team consists of many members:
Family Doctor; Family Medicine Residents; Nursing Team; Administrative Team; Mental Health Team; Chronic Disease Team, Geriatric Team; Dietitian and Diabetic Team
Each of these health care workers plays a different role in your health care so you and your family can benefit from a well-rounded approach to health.
Grimsby Medical Associates has partnered with PatientServe to collect NON-OHIP covered fees .
Patients will recieve a letter in the mail with registration material so they can register with patientserve . Patients will have the option of paying online using thePatientServe website.
After Hours Clinic Hours and Care:
After Hours clinic appointments are available for urgent issues only that arise outside of clinic hours.
Patients will see the On call Doctor – not necessarly your regular Doctor . If you want to see your regular Doctor please call teh office for an appointement.
After Hours Clinic
After Hours , Weekend and Holidays Please contact Health811 by dialing 811 or visiting their web site : Ontario.ca/Health811
Health811 is for non-urgent health questions and concerns only and is not a substitution for 911, which should still be used for a medical emergency . This service is also not a replacement for regular touchpoints with health care providers.
In an emergency, you should call 911 or go to your local hospital emergency department.
Important Announcements :
Elevator is back in service.
Please note that we are experiencing higher phone volume than usual ; your patience is apprciated ; our staff are doing their best to serve you .
Booking online :
Grimsby Medical Associates is pleased to announce that we have a secure portal where registered patients can log in to communicate with our clinic and book appointments online and receive appointment reminders , we are using Oceans as our provider for Online Booking and Patient Reminders and messageing .
WELCOME TO OCEANS Online Booking Portal
WELCOME TO OCEANS
Grimsby Medical Associates is pleased to announce that we have a secure portal where registered patients can log in to communicate with our clinic and book appointments online and receive appointment reminders.
OUR PORTAL OFFERS A VARIETY OF FEATURES TO ENHANCE YOUR EXPERIENCE AS A PATIENT, SUCH AS:
- the convenience of booking/cancelling appointmentswith your physician
- securely send and receive electronic messages and attachments
- receive important updates from our team by e-mail
- receive appointment reminder emails
- please check your email inbox and the junk folder for your confirmation
- At this stage only some appointments are available to be booked online
- IMPORTANT: Call the office if you have a more URGENT medical need; if it is an EMERGENCY, CALL 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
- Online booking can be used only for in-person visits; phone visits are booked at the discretion of the Physician or Physician Assistant. Please only book one issue to be addressed at each visit.
- IMPORTANT: If you wish to book an appointment for a well-child exam, , appointment for a form, a biopsy or procedure, please call the office for assistance booking this type of appointment.
- MEDICATION REFILLS- If you need a prescription refill of an established medication, you must call your pharmacy to fax our office the request and allow at least 48 business hours for every refill request.
Regular appointments can be booked up to 1 month in advance
USE OF THE PATIENT PORTAL
- This is intended for non-urgent matters only – If this is a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency.
- Please click on the link below to book your appointment:
Please be advised that inappropriate use of the portal may result in deactivation.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK IN THE CLINIC
Zero Tolerance Policy
We are committed to providing a safe, secure, and respectful environment for all patients and staff. Words or actions that make others feel threatened will not be tolerated and decisive action will be taken to protect patients and staff.
Grimsby Medical Associates considers the use of inappropriate words, actions, or inactions as disruptive behaviour.
- Violence (exercise or attempt of physical force)
- Throwing or damaging property or breaking things
Inappropriate Words (in person, by phone or any other means of communication):
- Abusive language
- Disrespectful, demeaning, or abusive language/comments
- Remarks, jokes, or innuendos that demean, ridicule or offend
- Discriminatory remarks
- Threats or threatening behaviour
Immediate action will be taken when the incidents described above occur.
Please Remember you can help to protect yourself from all by
- Washing hands regularly with soap and warm water or use an alcohol-based sanitizer.
- Avoiding touching your face with unwashed hands
- Sneeze or cough into your arm or sleeve
- Avoid handshakes, hugs or kisses
- Avoiding close contact with who are sick
- Reduce your exposure to crowded places
COVID Information and Updates :
A long 22 months ago, under the guidance of the Ontario Ministry of Health, we shifted to a Virtual First approach for appointments. As a result of the sacrifices and hard work by everyone to keep us all safe, and the tremendous strides made through vaccination efforts, we think we are making our way out of this pandemic.
In response, we are pleased to let you know we are moving away from the Virtual First approach and
providing more in-person appointments. We will continue when appropriate to offer virtual
appointments. To allow for more in-person care, we are keeping our clinic capacity at a number that still allows for physical distancing and maintaining other safety protocols, including regular disinfection.
If you are coming for an in-person visit, please remember to wear a mask to your appointment and
complete the self-screening for COVID ( https://covid19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/.)
If you or your family member have symptoms of COVID and you would like medical advice, please call us.
We can discuss what the options are for care including:
• Providing care through a virtual appointment
• Being seen in-person in our office
• If emergency care is needed (for example, if you are having difficulty breathing or experiencing
other severe symptoms).
Please note that you do not require a medical note or proof of a negative test for clearance to return to school or work.
We are grateful for your patience as we work to balance the need for in-person medical care with the need to keep everyone safe as part of our new normal. We remain open to care for you.
Please click on the link below for the latest COVID-19 Updates :
Information and updates about Immunizations and Vaccines from Niagara Public Health :
All community Workshops are cancelled at this Time.
All Group education sessions and workshops are on hold until further notice.